Wednesday 8 February 2012

CRAZY STUPID LOVE




IMOGEN SAYS: 

crazy stupid suggestion that changing your new balance for tan loafers would improve your sex life. crazy stupid amount of fit women in one bar. crazy stupid portrayal of women ie. why were said fit women so desperate. crazy stupid incident involving a 17 year old babysitter giving a 13 year old boy a nude photograph of herself. crazy stupid lack of ryan.

crazy stupid vinny for paying £7.50.

STARZ: 2


VINNY SAYS:


This was a crazy stupid film. I cannot believe I ended up paying £7.50 to rent this film off both itunes and film4. I could have gone to the cinema and seen something much better. Even Ryan Gosling couldn't really save this film as he wasnt on screen for long enough and when he was he looked like a mafia member featuring slicked back hair and a gold ring. The other massive problem I had with the film was it's ridiculous portrayal of women as disposable, with Ryan Gosling's slick character suggests all women can be talked into bed by enough compliments and ordering around with some dirty dancing references thrown in. Another plot curveball was the weird and slightly disturbing love triangle between a 13 year old,17 year old and the son's dad, culminating in some inappropriate photographs of the 17 year old being passed around. Is that not illegal.

Finally it was pretty boring, I laughed in a few places, but not really worth watching. I usually quite like Emma Stone (Easy A, Superbad) but even she couldn't save it. At least now we know Steve Carrell can do slightly better than 'I love lamp' (Anchorman), but only slightly. I would recommend 10 Things I Hate About You instead if you want a good rom com.

STARZ: 1/5

1 comment:

  1. Not sure I agree with your review of the Descendants, which left me feeling somewhat unsatisfied. Clooney was, well very Clooney but I do agree with you about the actress who played his daughter.

    Love the blog, Steve...

    ReplyDelete