Thursday 17 May 2012

MARVEL AVENGERS ASSEMBLE



VINNY SAYS : So I tried to go see Marvel Avengers Assemble, aka The Avengers last weekend. I forgot it was bank holiday monday so was pipped to the post by a load of savvy fourteen year olds. This weekend I booked and boy am I glad I did. Every now and again a really great blockbuster comes along and this is one of them, although not quite up there with Dark Knight. Basic plot is Loki, who is Thor's brother, comes from out of space somewhere (can't remember exact details but he's the bad guy) and is going to open a time portal which means a load more bad guys will come to try and take over Earth. 


So to thwart him they call on THE AVENGERS - Thor, Iron Man, Captain America, The Black Widow and The Hulk (and Hawkeye), who are overseen by Samuel L Jackson with an eyepatch. So basically you get an action film x 5 with the line up, excellent value for money. Plus it's directed by Joss Whedon (Buffy, Cabin in the Woods) who is doing pretty well at the moment. The lines are genuinely funny and not too cheesy, and the characters all bring something different to the movie. Plus the jokes about the courageous, nationalistic, albeit slightly naive, Captain America not being up to date with the 21st century are pretty great, 'There is only one God, and I don't think he dresses like that'. Iron Man is played by Robert Downey Jnr, who does sarcastic, snipey and self assured to a T. Loki was a great character as well, somewhere between Hannibal Lecteur and Severus Snape, think greasy and pale and BAD. HE uses some pretty old school (Q***) swearing too which I had to google.


By the end I was so into the film, I felt like I had become American I was so full of team spirit, it was super. I enjoyed every minute and felt happy for days afterwards. Made me wish I was in a super hero gang. Sometimes it's fun to go and watch something which doesn't require much brain power but isn't completely moronic (Ghost Rider). I would really recommend it for some casual, fun loving popcorn viewing. Anyways I'm off to watch all the individual films now, Hulk first. 

The-Avengers-Main-Cover-Wallpapers.jpg



No comments:

Post a Comment